We know your time is precious, so here’s a 20 minute workout (ok 23 minutes to be exact) that targets all major muscle groups and is specifically designed for the needs of expecting and new mothers’ bodies. With three variations for every exercise, this workout is modifiable for all fitness levels and stages of pregnancy or motherhood. Just be sure to read the tips below before starting!
Tips to Get the Most from this Workout
- For all exercises, make sure your body is in neutral alignment. Remember, this is key to reducing excess tension on your muscles, especially your core muscles.
- Make sure you are incorporating 360 Breathing throughout the entire workout as well. ALWAYS remember to exhale on the effort and NEVER hold your breath!
- Make sure you warm-up prior to this workout with some basic movements to get your blood flowing and your muscles working. Need a suggestion? Try this warm-up.
- Choose your variation wisely. We include 3 variations for each exercise to accommodate all stages and fitness levels. It’s important to remember that some variations may not be appropriate for your body. It’s up to you to choose the variation that’s right for you. Remember, it is FAR more effective to do a more conservative version of a movement with proper form than a more challenging one with poor form.
What You’ll Need
- Resistance Bands (we recommend a variety pack like this so you can change your resistance)
- Chair with a flat and firm bottom
- Mat (if you’re working out on hard surface)
Once you’ve read the tips and have your equipment, you’re ready to begin. Click the link below to get started.